Sunday, March 8, 2015

The things I see


Surprise, surprise. While hiking in a wooded park by Puget Sound, we came across a happy face drawn on this mossy tree stump. The beautiful scenery and fresh air already had me smiling, but this made me smile even wider.

Despite all the bad news in the world, life on this incredible planet can be mighty fine.

Another day, walking along a huge lake I wrote a haiku (the birds were too speedy for a photograph)

warm March on the lake,
'whoosh' of coots make a rooster
tail of white water


6 comments:

Julie Dao said...

Oh, I love that smiling stump! :)

Liza said...

I could see this picture. I think "coots" are ducks??? I imagined them landing. Lovely again, Tricia.

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome photo!! We do have to find the joy and wonder and beauty in this world - and it doesn't take long to find :)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Thanks, Julie!

Liza: Coots are a black water bird but not a duck. They travel in large packs quite often. Thank you so much.

Jemi: You're making me smile (big). Thank you so much!

Sarah Laurence said...

Thanks for adding a smile to my day!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

My pleasure, Sarah. :)